Here are three flavorful alternatives to enjoying bell peppers, Portobello mushrooms & cauliflower! Hope you enjoy these recipes as much as I do & if you do please like, share, & pin!
· 4 bell peppers
· 8oz ground turkey
· 1 Tbsp. Amore tomato paste
· 1 Tsp Spice World Extra Virgin Olive Oil Garlic
· Mozzarella cheese- use the amount you feel is desirable
· 1 cup brown rice
1. Cut tops off of peppers & remove seeds
2. Warm oven to 375. Wrap each pepper with aluminum foil & bake for 15 minutes
3. While peppers are in oven brown ground turkey & place in large bowl
4. Add tomato paste, World Spice, mozzarella cheese & brown rice to bowl ground turkey. Mix all together.
5. Pull out peppers from oven & remove foil. Spoon mixture into peppers & bake for an additional 15 minutes
Portobello Personal Pizza (low carb)
·Portobello mushroom cap, washed & dried with stem removed
·½ Tbsp. Amore tomato paste
·Toppings of preference. I.e., pepperoni, cooked ground beef, peppers, etc. Shown is ground turkey
·Mozzarella cheese- use the amount you feel is desirable
·½ tsp. Spice World extra virgin olive oil garlic
1. Preheat oven to 375 & line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place mushroom, cap side up, on baking sheet & bake 5 minutes
2. Remove mushroom. Spoon in tomato paste followed by spooning in toppings. Top off with mozzarella cheese
3. Bake additional 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I found out about this recipe through my Instagram by following Katelovestolift who pointed me to one of my favorite sites FitnessRX. They call it “popcorn” cauliflower. Personally I found no resemblance to popcorn however it is absolutely delicious!!! Pictured is the olive oil & sea salt recipe….I ate the whole bunch in just a few sittings